Walk-in tubs for seniors are a popular choice for those looking for a more comfortable and safer bathing experience. These specialized tubs are designed to reduce the risk of slips and falls and can also offer therapeutic benefits for those with mobility issues or chronic pain. However, choosing the right walk-in tub company is crucial to ensure you get the best quality product and installation services.
When considering the purchase of a walk-in tub, it’s crucial to take into account all the important factors that can impact your experience with the product. One of the biggest mistakes people make is not doing their research and simply choosing the first option that catches their eye. By taking the time to consider all of these factors and doing your research, you can make an informed decision when purchasing a walk-in tub that best meets your needs and provides you with a safe, comfortable, and therapeutic bathing experience.
Four Common Mistakes
1) Not researching the walk-in tub company
While shopping for a walk-in tub, you should research the company you plan to buy from. It can help you get a high-quality product and good customer service. Factors to consider at the time of choosing a walk-in tub company include:
- Reputation: Look for a company with a good reputation in the industry. You can read reviews and ratings from other customers to understand their experience.
- Quality: Ensure the company offers the best walk-in tubs that meet your needs. Look for information on the materials used, safety features, and warranty.
- Customer Service: Consider the level of customer service provided by the company. Do they offer support during and after the sale? Can you easily contact them with questions or concerns?
- Price: Compare the price of walk-in tubs from different companies to ensure you’re getting a fair deal.
2) Not considering all the features.
While shopping for a walk-in tub, it’s important to consider all the features to ensure you get the best product. Some features to look for in a walk-in tub include:
- Safety Features: Consider walk-in tubs equipped with safety features like grab bars, easy-to-reach controls and non-slip floors.
- Size and Depth: Check the size and depth of the tub to ensure it fits your bathroom and offers enough room for comfortable bathing.
- Water Jets and Air Jets: Walk-in tubs with water jets and air jets can provide therapeutic benefits for those with mobility issues or chronic pain.
- Faucets and Controls: Look for walk-in tubs with easy-to-reach faucets and controls to make using the tub more comfortable.
- Material and Durability: Consider the material and durability of the tub to ensure it lasts for years to come.
3) Not measuring the bathroom correctly.
One of the biggest mistakes people make while shopping for a walk-in tub is not measuring their bathroom correctly. It’s crucial to ensure the tub will fit properly in your bathroom to avoid any issues with installation. Here are some steps to measure your bathroom accurately:
- Measure the Width: Measure the distance between the two walls where the tub will be placed. Be sure to measure at the widest point to ensure the tub will fit properly.
- Measure the Length: Measure the distance from the wall to the tub’s edge where you’ll be stepping in. Ensure you have enough space to safely step in and out of the tub.
- Measure the Height: Measure the height from the floor to the top of the tub to ensure the tub will fit in your bathroom.
- Check for Obstructions: Look for any obstructions, such as toilets, sinks, or cabinets, that may interfere with the installation of the tub.
- Consider the Door: If you plan to install a door on the tub, ensure you have enough space to open and close it without hitting any walls or obstructions.
4) Not considering the installation process.
Another mistake people make while shopping for a walk-in tub is not considering the installation process. While the homeowner can install some walk-in tubs, others require professional installation. Understanding the installation process and considering the factors involved before purchasing is important. Some factors to consider when choosing an installer include the following:
- Certification: Look for installers certified by the manufacturer or with experience installing walk-in tubs.
- Cost: Consider the installation cost and whether it’s included in the price of the walk-in tub.
- Time: Ask about the estimated time to install the walk-in tub and plan accordingly.
- Warranty: Look for installers who offer a warranty on their quality to ensure the installation is done correctly.
Choosing the right walk-in tub is crucial for seniors who want to maintain their independence and safety. The biggest mistake people make when shopping for walk-in tubs is not considering all the important factors, including researching the company, measuring the bathroom correctly, and considering the installation process. By taking the time to consider all of these factors and compare different options, seniors can find a walk-in tub that fits their needs and provides them with a safe and comfortable bathing experience.
Lastly, you should read reviews and seek recommendations from other users or healthcare professionals who have experience with walk-in tubs. Their insights can help you identify potential issues and make a more informed decision.
Overall, purchasing a walk-in tub requires careful consideration of various factors to ensure that you select a safe, durable, and functional product that meets your unique needs and budget.