By completing the Netgear EX3800 extender setup, you can wirelessly transmit data at speeds of up to 750Mbps (Megabits per Second), greatly expanding the range of your home internet connection. Using both WiFi bands to create a very high-speed internet connection is possible thanks to Fastlane technology, which removes interference brought on by concurrent dual-band technology. With any common WiFi router, the Netgear EX3800 AC750 extender works.
Netgear EX3800 extender setup using a web browser:
- Turn on the Netgear EX3800 extender by plugging it into an outlet.
- Wait until the power LED light is entirely green before proceeding.
- Connect the device to your existing router with an Ethernet cable.
- Your preferred web browser should be used to type mywifiext.net and press Enter.
- You will see the Netgear login page in your browser.
- Click Log In after entering your default login information.
- Choose the WiFi network you want to expand now.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the Netgear EX3800 extender installation.
We believe the above instructions will help you configure your Netgear EX3800 WiFi range extender. Please get in touch with our experts if you run into any problems.
Netgear EX3800 extender setup using WPS method:
The WPS is the simplest way for Netgear EX3800 extender setup. Your Netgear EX3800 wifi range extender can be set up in under two minutes. In order to instal the Netgear EX3800 Extender using WPS for the first time, follow these instructions:
- You need to connect the Netgear EX3800 WiFi extender to a power source.
- Hold off until the power LED has fully turned green.
- While the Netgear EX3800 wifi extender’s WPS Setup calls for a closer distance to the router.
- The Netgear Ex3800’s WPS button should be pressed before the router itself.
- It will create a connection between your regular Wi-Fi and the Extender.
That is how you can use the WPS method to connect to your current internet. The Router Link Led on the Netgear Ex3800 wifi range extender will be solid once connected.
A firmware update for the Netgear EX3800 extender
If you are unable to connect with Netgear Extender after Netgear EX3800 extender setup then you can update firmware on your Netgear Extender. A device’s internal operations are managed by firmware, a type of software. In the case of a wifi range extender, the firmware regulates a variety of functions including how the extender interacts with the router, how it amplifies the wireless signal, and more.
The manufacturer releases firmware updates to enhance the device’s functionality and security, correct bugs or compatibility issues, and add new features.
Steps for updating the extender’s firmware on a Netgear EX3800:
- Connect a power source to the Netgear Nighthawk EX3800.
- Press the power button to turn on the LED lights.
- Connect the Netgear EX3800 Extender to any computer or mobile device.
- A web browser should be opened, and the address bar should contain 192.168.1.250.
- The system will prompt you to enter your previously created username and password.
- After logging into the Netgear Genie Setup Wizard, select the menu option.
- Choose “Firmware Update” from the menu after that.
- There will be an option to check online. Touch it.
- Click on the link to the new firmware update if it’s available.
- Leaving and returning before the update is complete may cause your Netgear EX3800 extender to crash.
If you encounter any problems while installing the firmware, you can seek assistance from our experts at any time for help with your Netgear EX3800 extender Firmware Update.
The following are common issues that can occur during Netgear Ex3800 Extender Setup:
- The websites mywifiext.com and mywfiext.net are no longer active.
- There is no internet access despite the WiFi extender’s connection to the router.
- I can’t get to mywifiext.local.
- Mywifiext’s password is wrong.
- The WiFi extender frequently loses connection.
- A network connection is not possible for the WiFi extender.
- It is not possible to use the Netgear Genie Smart Setup wizard.
- I misplaced the Netgear extender’s factory password.
- Access to Netgear EX3800 is not possible.
- You cannot update the firmware of the EX3800 WiFi range extender.
- It is not possible to use the Netgear EX3800.
- You cannot reset the EX3800.
For the Netgear EX3800 extender Setup, troubleshooting steps are as follows:
- You should verify that your Netgear EX3800 extender is correctly plugged in and receiving sufficient power.
- For your device, a fast internet connection is necessary.
- Verify the security of each wired connection.
- Keep your WiFi extender away from potential interference sources, such as cordless phones, Bluetooth devices, metal objects, room corners, and microwave ovens.
- Check to see if you have entered the correct website address in the address bar of your browser if mywifiext.net isn’t working.
- You should verify that your Netgear EX3800 has the latest firmware installed.
- If not, you should immediately update your device to the most recent version.
If the troubleshooting methods mentioned above do not solve the problem, reset your extender to factory default settings and then configure it again.
Resetting the Netgear EX3800 using a web browser
- You should connect your Netgear AC750 EX3800 to a power source.
- On a computer or laptop, launch the web browser of your choice.
- Go to your Netgear extender’s default web page to access the user interface.
- The user will see a screen for logging in.
- Enter the necessary data by typing.
- Currently, you are at the Netgear genie page.
- Select the drop-down menu and choose Factory Reset.
- There will be a confirmation screen.
- You confirm your choice by selecting Yes.
Please contact our licensed expert if you need help resetting your Netgear Extender.